When was the last time you allowed yourself to be creative?
As children, many of us had fun and pleasure in expressing ourselves creatively and using our imagination as outlets for our emotions.
As we get older, we can often repress this, or get too busy and self conscious to maintain our love for our creative outlets.
Whether it’s drawing, dancing, painting or designing, humans thrive on tapping into the power of creativity, whatever their age.
You may find creativity benefits you by:
- Helping you to refocus your thoughts and calm the mind
- Providing a sense of achievement and purpose
- Helping you learn new skills and boosting your self-esteem
- Developing problem solving skills
- Broadening your experiences and extending your social network
On Route holds events designed to boost creativity, teach you a new skill, and help you connect with the local community. Just like our recent Crafternoon event led by local artist Laurie O’Garro of Funky String Art, in support of Mind Charity.