Are you feeling stressed? Many people are, but luckily there are ways to help combat stress and help you to manage its effect on you.
These top 5 tips on how to tackle and manage stress and anxiety, and help you get the most out of life.
1. Exercise. Yoga and pilates are great for stress reduction and calming your body. Pilates especially provides a sense of calmness and relief from stress. Breathing in pilates is designed to improve blood circulation and encourage relaxation.
2. Meditation. Meditation calms the mind, and is great either early morning or before bed, and breathing activates the parasympathetic nervous system or the ‘brakes’ for stress.
3. Take a break. We recommend taking a 30 minute break each day to just be. Away from technology, noise and daily activities and sit in silence. This can reduce stress and anxiety, improve focus and boost productivity.
4. Limit caffeine. Caffeine negatively affects the body in several ways. It increases anxiety, makes focusing more difficult, and can disrupt sleep patterns. All of these can lead to further stress. So cutting out that morning coffee or choosing decaf options will help you have a more productive day.
5. Set small achievements. Realistically, we can only achieve three things per day. But when life is busy, we can create lists as long as our arm and then become stressed when we don’t complete them. Setting smaller, more achievable goals and tracking them can make us feel more accomplished and satisfied. Knowing we have achieved our goals can reduce stress and increase productivity and motivation. They can also make us passionate again.
These steps are easy to implement into our everyday lives, no matter our lifestyle or schedule, and are effective in helping reduce and manage our stress and mental health. The key is consistency. Try them for a week, and let us know what differences you see. ... See MoreSee Less
At on route, we understand everyone faces challenges and recognise that support takes many forms. Our local centre on South Ealing Road provides a range of therapies and activities that enable you to look after your mental health and wellbeing in a way that works for you.
There’s a certain mystery and stigma surrounding counselling, and it’s on route’s mission to change perceptions so that our community can embrace it and get the most from it. Counselling allows people to explore and think about things that may be worrying them, giving them the time and space to think through possible ideas. Find out more about Counselling
As physical beings, our bodies are a constantly evolving reflection of our past and current experiences. Research shows us how closely linked our physical and emotional systems are; such as connections between mood, digestive system, nervous system, mental functioning, posture, breathing and fatigue levels. Find out more about Body Therapy
Spending time doing things we enjoy can have a positive effect on us. Whether we are learning something new, developing existing skills and strengths or simply being sociable with others we are benefitting our mental and physical wellbeing. View all our on route classes & groups
Feeding our passions through pursuing our favourite hobbies and interests is not just great fun, it also plays a vital role in keeping our minds and bodies alert, active and healthy. Join our on route workshops & events
For more information about counselling
Counselling can start with an email or phone call to discuss any queries you have. Contact the counselling team directly on 07812 481 922 or email firstname.lastname@example.org